Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Day IN The Life...

Tues. Oct. 19, 2010

Every day starts the same. I wake up, squint at the clock and stumble to the coffee pot, (after a trip to the bathroom, of coarse). I put on a pot of coffee, sign on and check my mail. Somewhere in there taking my blood pressure meds. which I hope my turning over a new leaf and joining Curves will relieve me of that.

 I usually start with facebook, which I am hopelessly addicted. It's where I can catch up with what my kids and friends are into, & see the familiar names that I heard back in school, and in a way feel like I am there again. I ususally don't have "mail "there, unless I send someone mail, asking a question, ect. or if it's cancer awareness week and I get a requests that I post a bra color, for the confusing of all men.

Then I usually start opening tabs. I check my AOL, looking for emails from literary agents, and publishers. I go to WEbook, where I do my online writing and some editing. I have a completed romance novel, "Faith Can Move Mountains," I am also working on a book that I wrote several years ago, which I am working on editing, "Ghost From The Past," you can aslo find chapters of that on WEbook. I have started another book which is a mystery/romance, "Shades Of Deception." It is aslo on WEbook. I have a completed romance novel called. "Longing For December," which I am searching for a literary agent to represent or a publisher to accept.

I also have a line of children's books that I am currently working on, "The Magical Adventures Of Sissy Stringbean," in dedication to my former sister-n-law, Denise Ann Bailes, who passed away from colon cancer in 05. The stories are light hearted stories about a little country gal and her barnyard friends.With Sissy's imagination, she travels to far away places and makes many friends along the way. I, along with my son Justin "Cole" Woodrum and Amanda Rose, will aslo be illustrating. In futute stories, my necie Kierstyn Shaffer will be assisting on illustrations.

I have learned through talking to other writer/moms on one of my favorite sites, "Cafemom," that there are a few sites available to help new authors.

 Predators and Editors

Query Shark

Webook-where you can write online and get feedback from other writers, as well as give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment