Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hometown Hero

Last night my baby brother, Greg Shaffer, 8 yrs. younger than I just happened to stop in and say, "HI," before heading home to his family at my parents house. He noticed that the Preacher from out church had stopped by to visit my parents, my dad has been  sick for awhile and unable to attend church as he has for years, due to a heart problem. Normally, my mother would have been home alone or with my nephew Joshua, who is 13. Was it a coincidence that both the preacher and my brother stopped by? God works in mysterious ways. My brother saved my dad's life last night, by giving CPR to him after a loud thump was heard and he was found in the family bathroom. He was not breathing, had no heartbeat and was turning cold and blue.
It took paramedics approximately 15 minutes to arrive, by the time they got there, miraculously, my father was breathing and talking. He is in CAMC in the Cardiac ICU, but stable. I am very proud of my brother Greg:) xxox
Greg is married to Melodie Shaffer, he is employed by Toyota. They live in Youngsbottom, and have 2 children, Josh, and Kierstyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment