Monday, January 28, 2013

Interview with Casey Fry


Where are you from?

I am from Pennsylvania.

Is that where you and your family reside now?

I live on a small farm in the mountains of central Pennsylvania.

How long have you been writing?

 I’ve always enjoyed creating stories, characters, and new worlds, and have been writing since I was very young. I decided that I would be a writer when I was ten-years-old, and that was fourteen years ago.

What kind of writer would you describe yourself as?

I am a novelist, primarily of fantasy, horror, and science fiction.

Do you have any other interests?

When not writing, I enjoy reading, watching horror movies, playing video games, horseback riding, researching whatever has struck my fancy, and playing with my cats.

Do you have any websites and or book links that you would like to share?

My website is www.caseyfryauthor.com, and there you can find links to where you can find my books and social media sites where you can connect with me. 

What are your future goals with your writing?

 I have a number of projects lined up.  

Is there any other genres that you would like to try?

My focus has been primarily in fantasy and horror, though I also write science fiction from time to time. I have a science fiction novel planned in the future, and other than that, I have considered the possibility of delving into crime fiction.

Are your books both Ebooks and paperback?

Yes. I’ve been publishing my books both in paperback and in ebook format.

How long have you been published?

My debut novel, DeathSpeaker: Hunt, was published at the end of October in 2012. I have previously published short stories and poetry, as well, and through that have been published for a few years.

Do your have a literary agent?

No, I do not have a literary agent.

Do you have an editor?

Yes, I have an editor who has been a great deal of help in reading my work.

What companies have your used for publishing?

 I self-publish through CreateSpace.  

Would you use them again?

Most definitely. CreateSpace does what I need it to do, and it’s not needlessly complicated.

Have you began to see a profit from your writing?

Yes. I have sold a number of books so far.

Have you held any book signings?

I have held four book signings, as of January 2013. I have two more planned in February, one in Bloomsburg, PA, and one in Bowie, Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment