Friday, January 25, 2013

Interview with Tracy Kauffman


Where are you from?

 I am from North Alabama.


 Is that where you and your family reside now?

 Yes, but we have lived in Texas and Indiana before.  My husband is from Indiana and we lived there for a year after he got out of service.  He served three years at Fort Hood Texas.


How long have you been writing?

  I have been writing in some sort or fashion since I was little, but wasn't until recently that I had my first book published.


What kind of writer would you describe yourself as?

  I usually write children and young adult books but would write in any genre.  I like a challenge, because I get bored doing the same things day after day.


Do you have any other interests?

  I am a registered nurse and work at a local nursing home part time.  Also, I like to do marketing for my websites.  If it is different or challenging then I like it.


Do you have any websites and or book links that you would like to share? 

My author website is: http://tracykauffman.com



My Literary website is: http://literary.yolasite.com

It is a place for authors to promote their work or to gain help with their manuscript.  It is really a website for anyone that loves reading. 


What can you tell me about yourself that we haven't covered?

  I am married to the greatest guy.  Chris is not only my husband but best friend.  We have been married for twenty-one years now.  He was in Saudi Arabia when we met through letters and over the telephone.  My brother in law fixed us up.  We talked over the phone too for six months until he got to come back to the states.  We got married very quickly afterward.  Who says fairy tales can't come true?  We have two children.  My son, Jamie is in the Air Force in Japan.  My daughter, Danielle, is in Junior high school. 



I love writing because that is my true calling.  I wanted to do two things when I was young.  Become an author and a nurse.  I guess I got my two wishes.


What are your future goals for your writing?

  I hope to continue writing for a very long time.  I have used traditional publishers in the past but want to venture out on my own.


Is there any other genres that you would like to try?

  I would like to write a mystery, and I know that is going to be difficult.


Are your books both Ebooks and paperback?

  Yes, except my poetry book.  A Closer Walk is only available on Kindle at:http://www.amazon.com/A-Closer-Walk-ebook/dp/B00B3ZWRQQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1359131831&sr=8-6&keywords=a+closer+walk .


How long have you been published?

  My first book was published last year.  Although, I have had several poems published since I was in high school through writing contest.


Do you have a literary agent?

  No and don't want one.


Do you have an editor?

  I have been using different ones.  Tate supplied me with one.  With Strategic and Publish America, I had to hire my own.


What companies have you used for publishing?

  Tate, Strategic, Publish America. 


Would you use then again?

  Like I said earlier, I think I will venture out on my own.


Have you began to see a profit from your writing?

  A little but haven't seen any monies from any of the publishers yet


Have you had any book signings?

I have had a couple at libraries and a book store.  I have two more scheduled. 




No comments:

Post a Comment